Monday 10 December 2012

6 days of freedom in Kiama.

Between the 22nd and 28th of November, 6 friends and I stayed for almost a week down south in Kiama and let me tell you, it was one of the most liberating, relaxing experiences of my life.

The house contained 3 bedrooms (2 double beds and 2 bunk beds) and was four minutes from the beach.

The sunset was well worth waking up at 5am for. I don't think I have ever properly watched the sun rise in my life, certainly not during my time in Sydney, so it was quite a surreal experience. A perfect time to be inundated with existential questions and dilemmas of what is life and how different the world can be a few hours from a major city.


Whenever asked about what I did in Kiama, the truth of 'going to the beach' and 'cooking' never sounds interesting. However, the fact that I was there with the people that I loved made the whole trip exciting enough for me.

We made a blanket and pillow fort and played cards, watched V for Vendetta and ate ice cream inside it.

We also took plenty of walks, one time which we came across a group of elderly ladies with several dogs. They were so cute and the large white one was so friendly, it wouldn't leave us ;~;. Additionally, we climbed over a lot of rocks to get near the edge of a cliff. Frightening stuff, especially when it began to rain.


The move list: (underlined are the ones I slept through partially or wholly)
The Descent 2 (horrible, terrible, etc.)
We Need To Talk About Kevin
Rosemary's Baby (i really wish i didn't fall asleep, it seemed like my kind of movie)
Treasure Planet
Finding Nemo
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Zombieland
Kill Bill 1, Kill Bill 2
The Fountain
V for Vendetta
Snatch.
Get Him To The Greek

Overall, it was the most fun that I have had in awhile, making the whole ordeal of the HSC beforehand so minuscule. But never mind that, HSC results come out in a week. The relaxation within my life will soon be gone. Oh well, there's always Kiama.

1 comment:

  1. Yay :) V for Vendetta was damn amazing :) !
    And yes, I really need to watch Kevin soon!

    ReplyDelete