Saturday 7 April 2012

MOVIE - Eu Não Quero Voltar Sozinho (2010)



Saw this film on recommended tumblr, thought I'd give it ago. It's a Portuguese short film about a blind boy and his friendship with a girl and their new classmate. That's about all I can say plot-wise, anything else will spoil the  movie.

Some of the comments on youtube suggest that a sequel should be made, but I disagree. What makes the film so great is its simplicity in dealing with contemporary issues. It talks about something that's so controversial in such a tranquil way and it makes you think 'why are we making such a big deal today about something that is, and should be considered, normal'. This is why I think a sequel is unnecessary, a continuation is unneeded when so much is already conveyed in the 17 minutes.

Overall, this is such a lovely, heart-warming film. The acting was great and the length of it was perfect, not too short or long. This is a film I'm glad I've watched and hope to watch again sometime in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment